Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Finally! my GMAT score

I feel so accomplished with the fact that i have given myself an impetus for advancement by scoring 700 on my GMAT. It has taken me no less than 12 years of nurturing the dream to do Ivy League MBA. My first attempt at MBA has proved to be no mean task, coping with work life balance had been taking its toll on my dreams for this length of time.



I did something really incredible today while browsing the net for scholarship, i was reminded of a website that a dear friend had talked about. The site hosted by Joint Japan/World Bank profiled a couple of study areas eligible for scholarship consideration by prospective applicants to the fund; Economics, Health, Policy, Agriculture and the like, subject areas that should help the average LDC attain their MDGs by the 2010.



The site had not listed my area of proposed study, Entrepreneurship which i considered very relevant to economic development of both the individual and the country. Going through all the Fund's criteria for eligibility I found that I seriously stood a chance albeit the non-inclusion of my area of study.



Being that I had a passion for the subject area and felt that the Fund's processes had not been reviewed for a while, I settled to write a PROTEST email to them. I found myself trying to justify to them how my country would benefit from this concept and how my ex President had within the last year established an institute for Entrepreneurial Studies in one of our local Universities.

This he felt was a new global trend that deserved attention.



I am also browsing several other sites with the hope of turning up the winning formula for a scholarship, BTW, if anyone is kind enough to lead me to some Internet destinations which could provide me with all my needs, i will be most grateful.



Let keep persevering as we hold the dream! Peace!

4 comments:

Jaesoreal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy123 said...

Jaesoreal, I have already sent you a personal email answering your questions. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your GMAT, definately a great achievement. I am in search of tutor at an affordable price to help with preparations for gmat exam, in other to focus on my weakness. Can you provide any advice or recommendation what steps you took in achieving a great score. You can email me at sunset17aoe@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hello, am pretty new here. I was just browsing the net and came across your blog. Well i am a young lady that wants to do Gmat although i work. The problem is that my work schedule is pretty crazy. Please any information on how you were able to achieve the score that you did will be helpful. I hope to hear from you soon.

Funmi.
funmiverte@yahoo.com