Thursday, June 14, 2007

This thing called LUCK...

Is Luck ephemeral? or is it a given? Does it just occur naturally only to dissipate when you question its existence?

I have a colleague who says that what ever she wishes for she gets and for as long as she has lived its been that way for her......I really do not know what to think because as far as I am concerned mine seem to come in spurts of luck. Here today, gone tomorrow!

No matter how much I will it to stay it rarely does! The circumstance that I am going through today is a typical case in point. I needed to get something done very quickly, got there early and got disappointed, but by some stroke of luck, overnight my hard working partner strived to accomplish the task at about 12 midnight (not much sleep for him) and gave me the good news of success this morning, needless to say, I was so happy and trusted my luck. As I felt content browsing, this morning, he comes up to me saying that all the information downloaded had gotten lost overnight due to power outage! OMG!The temp office had no back-up facility, no generators, no inverters, nothing!

Tough Luck!!! But as the Good Book says, " Praise God in all things, whether good or bad,' so I have resorted to do just that today.

God almighty, I praise you even for all my floundering, I still give you thanks because you know my end from my beginning! Praise Be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well personally, i dont believe in that word called luck. i think luck is just when opportunity meets preparedness. I prefer to use the word called favour. there is something that a lot of people dont know but I have to come to realise--- You attract whatever comes to you. AND THAT IS SCRIPTURAL.--- There are so many verses in the good book to back it up but we are not in church here and now, so I'll pass.

But know that whatever you think in ur heart, that is what you will get. whatever you fear most will happen to you, if you do not rise above that fear, you need to confront ur fears and deal with them squarely. You are what you think and im not just saying what ive read in books or heard other people say, im a living testimony, i can go on and on, i have several stories to tell to back up my words, i'll say just two here.

Many years ago , like when i was 10 or 11, i used to dream alot about meeting people from all over the world, i lived for that dream, dont ask me why cos i dont know, it was just my fantasy,i used to get maps of d world and imagine myself in different countries,conversating with people from diverse nations, anyway to cut a long story short, about 5 years ago, i got admission to study in the UK and little did I know it was my dream come true. i met so many different people from all over the world, Finland, France, Spain, Mexico, America, India, Malaysia, Greece, and almost every country in Africa. It was an exhiliarating time for me.

The second story happened dis morning. For those of us who stay in Lagos, you are familiar with the word area boy or alaye. i drove into a gas station and parked infront of the fast food joint there. i actually wanted to buy some gas for the car but didnt have enough cash on me, so i parked to go and use the ATM. From no where, one of these area boys sprung out and started threatening me, telling me to move my car from there, or face deflating of my tyres. If it were before, i would have started shaking and pleading with him to allow me to park there, that i was just going down the road and will be back soon or rush to promise to pay him some parking money just so that peace can reign. But im a changed person now, I undersand that i can only get what I attract. Guess what i did? I parked all right, came down from the car, locked it up and told him to go ahead and deflate the tyres if he was ok and i walked off. came back after 10 mins, I entered the car and went to fuel it. He was just staring at me, he didnt touch d car. What am i saying here, u need to learn to start attracting only positive and good things into ur life. The colleague who says that whatever she wishes for, she gets has learnt it consciously or otherwise, infact after a while,it becomes a way of life, dat is why the rich will kep getting richer and the same for the poor. Rich people have learnt how to attract riches, poor people have not.

Stay cool...

Judy123 said...

Maureen,
Vey profound advice, really appreciate! It is so true when you say one can only attract whatever comes to one. I am so a believer now! Thanks much for the Heads Up!!!